Today’s real estate industry has endured extreme change. In the last decade, the market has seen tremendous growth and expansion through new construction, while also running into difficulties characterized by foreclosures and decreasing property values. The significant challenges faced by the industry are important to consider, which include issues related to financing, liquidity, and regulatory requirements to name a few. With challenges come potential opportunities, and the most successful organizations will have a dedicated advisor to help them meet the challenges and realize the opportunities in front of them.
Gerson Preston is a market leader in providing valuable services to the real estate and construction industry in the South Florida area. Our focus in real estate & construction is evident by it being one of the largest industry sectors of our client portfolio. Throughout our firm’ history, we have assisted industry players including property owners, investors, developers, management companies, construction contractors, and vendors. Our proven expertise has allowed us to serve some of the most well-known and successful real estate and construction entities in the region.
Spanning both commercial and residential real estate, Gerson Preston has the ability to add value to your organization with in-depth knowledge of industry-specific financial, accounting, tax, and business matters. Whether your objective is to develop land or commercial property or to maintain an existing portfolio, there are many issues to consider. With direct access to our Real Estate & Construction team of professionals, our goal is to give our clients an accurate picture of their business and provide services that help strategically. We stay abreast of the latest market and financial trends to help your projects prosper.
In addition to our full suite of services in our practice areas, we also offer industry-specific services including:
- Complex Transaction Tax Consulting
- Personal Property Tax Reduction Reviews
- Analysis of Pre-operating vs. Start-up Costs & Capital vs. Current Expenditures
- Application of the Real Estate Professional & Passive Activity Rules
- Cost Segregation Studies to Accelerate Depreciation Deductions
- Internal Control Reviews
- Projections for Leases, Acquisitions & Dispositions
- Cash Flow & Budgeting Analysis
- Buy vs. Lease Analysis
- Profitability Analysis
- Assistance with Allocation of Costs to Various Lots or Properties
- Analysis of REIT & UPREIT Transactions
- Installation, Implementation, & Training in Industry-specific Accounting Software Packages
- Accounting Systems Conversions
- Employee Benefit Packages